Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Book: Awakened!

I have often felt that STRESS is the one thing that keeps me from being the best teacher that I can be!  I'm pretty good about being positive and calm in the presence of students, but some days I take a long time to recover and get re-inspired once the school day is over.

This book that I recently discovered addresses how to overcome this from a different perspective than most books, which often focus on better time and classroom management.  This book shows you how to change your thoughts so that situations do not end up feeling so stressful.

I'm reading it over the summer and working on trying to change my mindset.  I feel like there have already been positive changes, though I know the real challenge will come when we are back in school!  Either way, I'm finding it very inspiring and would highly recommend it to any teachers!

No comments:

Post a Comment