Monday, July 2, 2012

Phonics--Getting Organized!


I have been motivated this summer to work on getting organized with my Phonics materials.  I actually feel more creative in the summer when I have more time to brainstorm ideas that work!  Our Phonics K curriculum involves a lot of hands-on materials which can be very time consuming to create and organize throughout the year.  I've been working on figuring out ways to do all the work now, so that during the school year it will be ready to use.  Ideas include:
*a phonics file box that includes a folder for each section/unit of our curriculum.
*labelled bags of materials or stacks of papers for each activity within each unit.
*some of the materials are color-coded so that they will be easier to divide into sets for students to use at center time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment