The week #2 Challenge for the Clutter-Free Classroom Project is for us to share our plans for classroom organization! I will probably keep adding onto this list, but so far I'd like to:
1. Create a new lesson plan binder system so that I don't have to write out my entire schedule in my calendar each week and so I have all of my stuff (plans, created materials, teacher journal, lists) in one place rather than piled up in my bag.
2. Organize my classroom celebration plans so that I don't have to think of new ideas every year (for Fall, Winter, Valentine's Day, 100s Day, etc...). I'm thinking that I should have both a digital file on my laptop and a physical storage space such as a box or file or something.
3. Organize my desk, specifically my top desk drawer, which has accidentally become a junk drawer!
4. Spend more time re-teaching students how to take care of supplies at center time so that I'm spending less of my planning time cleaning up the classroom.
5. Plan on cleaning up as a I go and cleaning up everything before I leave for the day, so that things don't end up piling up on me!
6. Re-do my bulletin boards, which I haven't though much of since the start of the school year and after I had moved my furniture around mid-year. I have some extra space that could serve a better purpose!