Monday, February 25, 2013

Clutter-Free Classroom Week #5



I am so inspired by the Clutter-Free Classroom blog and challenges!  Probably because de-cluttering and organizing is like a hobby to me.  I have noticed that it's hard to keep up with it during the work week.  I wonder if that's a special problem for Kindergarten teachers because we have so many hands-on activities.  Anyways, I decided to go in on the weekend to have a good amount of time to clean things up in my teacher office area.

Even though it wasn't a huge mess, I cleaned up and simplified my teacher desk.  I decided to only keep teacher references on my desk that I use every day or week.  I also decided to get rid of the box used for collecting stuff that needs to be put away (and just put that stuff away every day instead of letting it pile up).  That box is now used as a place to store materials for substitute teachers so that it will always be on my desk.
BEFORE
AFTER
I also worked on organized my miscellaneous desk drawer.  What a mess!  I can now actually find things and know where things belong!  It's so nice to open it up during the day and only spend a second getting what I need.
BEFORE
AFTER

No comments:

Post a Comment