Friday, February 22, 2013

Hall Pass Linky Party


Reagan at Tunstall's Teaching Tidbits is hosting a Linky Party!  PASS=favorite Product, Area, Signal, and (source of) Sanity.  Here are my thoughts.....

PRODUCT  I haven't made a whole bunch of my own teaching products, but am currently loving the "Writing through the Year" curriculum from Dee Dee Wills and Deanna Jump.  I'm excited to launch the "How To" unit on Monday!

 

 AREA  My favorite area in my classroom is currently my super tiny listening center, because I feel proud of myself for getting creative with limited space in my classroom, love the idea of hanging the headphones on the magnet clips to keep them from getting tangled around each other and students, and loving storing the cube chairs there when not being used for large group time.  (I also just found this tiny green table at the Re-use center and plan to use it for another center space.)






SIGNAL We have a hallway chant that we sing before heading into the hallway:
     My hands are by my pockets
     I'm standing straight and tall
     I'm looking right ahead of my
     I'm ready for the hall
Recently, we decided to start rapping it instead of singing it, complete with a few hip hop moves, and the class is SOOOOO excited to do it.  It's quite funny (but a bit embarrassing if I have to try to rap in front of a grown-up visitor!)

SANITY  Honestly, I need to get better at actually keeping my sanity so that I can come home and NOT spend my nights recovering from work.....but some of my "tools" include my yoga mat that I roll out during my lunch break, lavender room spray, Bach Flower Rescue Remedy, and Kit's Organic Chocolate, Almond, Coconut Bars (my healthy brownies!)  Also, I LOVE this book and want to spend more time re-reading it for ideas for managing teacher-related stress:



And I also notice that I enjoy my days more (and feel less stressed!) when I can remember to laugh with the kids and notice the humor (which is can be found every day if looking for it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment